Friday, April 12, 2013

To blog or not to blog...

So, I've been contemplating trying the blogging thing for a little while now, and that's about as far as it went. I thought about it, along with the 10,000 other thoughts that pop in and out of my mom brain every minute. Today, however, the thought stuck, and here I am ... officially blogging.

I'm not sure I'm going to stick with the name of this blog, "slugs & snails & puppy dogs' tails." It's from this age-old nursery rhyme:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Are_Little_Boys_Made_Of%3F

My grandma used to sing that to me and my little brother, and it always stuck with me, particularly the "little boys" verse now that I have two little rascals of my own.

Here we are enjoying Easter festivities:

http://instagram.com/p/XliHb9JXTa/

Truth be told, in that moment we had just arrived at NaNa and PaPa's house (my parents) and I was pretty adamant about getting the obligatory holiday photos take quickly before any food/crayons/drool/spit-up/mystery substances could ruin the boys' cute outfits. [OK, I also really wanted to change into my comfy yoga pants, and no yoga was not part of the plan, but really who wears yoga pants to actually do yoga anymore?! ]

Anyway, in a nutshell, I'm a mama to two adorable little men (17 months apart) who fill my every day with an abundance of joy and love. I know I'm absolutely blessed, and believe me I don't take these two love bugs for granted. They're my greatest accomplishment and hold the biggest place in my heart. I thank God throughout the day for allowing me to be their mama.

But sometimes, in some moments, I miss actually being able to go to the bathroom (excuse me... "Potty") by myself. I miss waking up on the weekends past 8 a.m. and wondering if I should stay in my pjs awhile, go to the gym, or meet a friend for a leisurely trip to the coffee shop. I really miss being able to just take a shower whenever instead of weighing whether I really "need" to wash my hair today because that would add an extra five minutes that I really don't have. I even sometimes miss the woman I used to be before I became two handsome little boys' mama. I think that's normal though.
After all, I believe you are reborn the moment you give birth the first time, and each subsequent time too. Your body, heart, soul, mind (don't forget your days, nights, money, house, brain, boobs, etc) are now shared with a tiny little person who calls you "mom."

I guess that's what a want this blog to about, life as a relatively-new-but-getting-the-swing-of-things mom. I hope it'll be good therapy for me, nice memory-capturing for my boys, and somewhat relatable to other mamas out there who are feeling very blessed and utterly exhausted just like me.

Well, I'm not sure how this rates as far as a first post from a first-time blogger, but here we are... I blogged.

No comments:

Post a Comment